Description of the radar set, tactical-technical characteristics
|pulse repetition time (PRT):|
|pulse repetition frequency (PRF):|
|hits per scan:|
Weapon Locating Radar COBRA
The Counter Battery Radar (COBRA) is the world's most advanced weapon location system comprising a high performance radar, advanced processing, and integrated, flexible command, control and communication system.
The design includes state-of-the-art digital processing and an advanced active, fully
phased array antenna
COBRA satisfied the combined operational requirements for France, Germany and the United Kingdom. In all three countries series production is ongoing.
COBRA is a singularly effective force on the battlefield, performing the following basic tactical missions rapidly and accurately:
- Detection, location and classification of hostile mortars, rockel lounchers and artillery batteries.
- Prediction of shell impact points.
- Registration and adjustment of friendly firings.
- Creation of battlefield intelligence.
- Determination of jamming data.
- Communication with battle force.