Chapter: “Measuring practice”
This section of the radar tutorial is intended to provide basic knowledge and skills for special measurements on radar systems. The trainees shall:
- know typical measurement procedures on the radar unit;
- know appropriate measuring equipment and measuring devices;
- and learn how to use these measuring devices and instruments.
The trainees should be able to distinguish and evaluate between
- an expected result of a measurement and
- an actual or only apparent measurement result (interpretation of measured values).
This chapter is divided into two sections: Measurements that a radar operator or radar mechanic can perform directly on the radar, and measurements that can only be performed in a workshop environment. Measurements in a workshop environment are only informative for radar operators and radar mechanics.