Description of the radar set, tactical-technical characteristics
Figure 1: Giraffe 4A
|pulse repetition time (PRT):|
|pulse repetition frequency (PRF):|
|instrumented range:||280 km (air targets)
100 km (mortar radar)
|antenna rotation:||30 or 60 rpm|
|hits per scan:|
Giraffe 4A is a medium- to long-range S-Band multifunction radar and combines the battle-proven designs from the Arthur and Giraffe AMB product families with an all-new radar sensor, based on AESA technology. This new radar offers exceptional range, performance and multi-function operational flexibility in a single solution.
The multi-function capability means simultaneous functions for:
- Automatic air and surface surveillance and ‘track-on-jam’;
- Classification of targets including hovering and moving helicopters;
- High accuracy indication to weapon systems for anti-air and anti-surface engagements;
- 360 degree incoming mortar/rocket fire alert and hostile weapons location;
- Target designation for long-range surface-to-air missiles.