RAC 3D “Flamingo”
Description of the radar set, tactical-technical characteristics Описание; Основные тактико-технические характеристики (Базы данных)
|pulse repetition time (PRT):|
|pulse repetition frequency (PRF):|
|instrumented range:||100 km|
|range resolution:||15 m|
|hits per scan:|
|antenna rotation:||2 or 3 seconds|
RAC 3D “Flamingo”
The RAC alert and co-ordination 3-D radar operates in the G/H-Band which offers, within a 100 km range envelope, the best trade-off between atmospheric attenuation, transmitting power resolution and antenna size versus detection of small targets, such as those flying at very low Altitude in heavy clutter. RAC 3D employs a state-of-the-art planar phased-array and a digital pulse compression.
Tree types of the RAC radar station are in service:
- A two-shelter radar station in order to separate the radar from the combat control system for alerting the surface-to-air missiles “Stinger”, in service with the Danish Army.
- A compact radar station named “Flamingo” with the radar itself and the combat control system housed on a single shelter, is being supplied to the Austrian Army for surface-to-air missile “Mistral” alerting.
- The Austrian Air Force has acquired RAC 3D compact radars as gap fillers.
The RAC 3D alert and co-ordinating radar accomplishes the following tasks:
- warning and control for anti-aircraft guns and missiles over a range of 80 km
- detection and target identification
- air situation analysis
- Alerting of up to 12 “Mistral” or AAA units
The RAC 3D gap filler radars accomplishes the following tasks:
- Warning and control over a range of 100 km
- Detection and target identification
- Equipped with a computer and communications links two workstations interfaces with the country's air defence systems.
Specifications of the compact radar:
|height of the tower:||13 m|
Author: Wolfgang Wieser, Austria