Description of the radar set, tactical-technical characteristics
Figure 1: SCR-21
|frequency:||2 700 … 2 900 MHz|
|pulse repetition time (PRT):|
|pulse repetition frequency (PRF):|
|peak power:||15 kW (8 modules)|
|instrumented range:||70 NM (≙ 130 km)|
|range resolution:||200 m|
|accuracy:||100 m; 0.25°|
|hits per scan:|
|antenna rotation:||7.5 or 15 rpm|
|MTBCF:||≥ 30 000 hrs|
The SCR-21 S-Band primary surveillance radar (PSR) is designed as an unattended Airport Surveillance Radar with high reliability. Its detection range is beyond 130 km for civil and military aircrafts below the height of 12 000 m.
- Extra cosecant squared pattern antenna with high gain, low side-lobe, and sharp cut-off of beam lower edge is produced, upper/lower beam and linear/circular polarization are selectable.
- Full-solid-state multi-channel technique and fail softening design are adopted in the transmitter.
- High 100:1 pulse compression ratio due to non-linear frequency modulation (NLFM) digital pulse compression function.
- The frequency diversity operation mode is used to avoid the interference between wide and narrow pulses, suppress secondary echo of the target effectively, and lower the signal and target loss due to target signal fluctuation.
- Large dynamic range digital receiver with RF adaptive sensitivity time control (STC).
- Advanced Moving Target Detection (AMTD) processing is adopted in the signal/data processor to optimize detection output.
- Independent weather channel is designed to monitor the weather situation within 130 km and realize 6 class meteorological contours output.
- System redundant structure and seamless switch design are adopted.
- Comprehensive Buildt In Test Equipment (BITE) design is adopted to locate fault to Line-Replaceable-Unit (LRU).
- Remote fault diagnosis and performance monitoring function are adopted to for unattended operation.
Picture gallery of SCR-21
- Manufacturers home page