The following is a brief summary of the important points of this chapter.
- A radar scope (indicator) presents the radar data (video) from the radar receiver in a usable manner.
- The display usually consists of one or more of the coordinates of range, bearing, and altitude.
- The A-scope presents range information only (in deflection modulation).
- The rhi displays range and height information.
- The ppi indicator and presents range and bearing. The deflection in top direction is either true north (true bearing) or the centerline of your own ship or aircraft (relative bearing).
- A digital raster-scan monitor (computer display) is the most widely used radar display in recent radar sets.